Rick grew up in the small rural town of Rush Springs, Oklahoma, where his love for sports ripened. During his high school years, Rick focused on basketball.
Rick got his first coaching job at Mid-Del Christian School in 1985 where he started out coaching the 5th and 6th grade boys basketball team. He then got his first head basketball coaching job at Oklahoma City Christian Academy, and assistant football coach.
Rick has been coaching young athletes for the past 28 years and has held a career win of 541 to 186 loses. He has been named Coach of the Year six times, two time Texas All-Star Coach, won three state titles, one national title and fourteen district titles. Rick has also been the athletic director for many christian schools for over 20 years.
Rick has been married to his beautiful wife Ruth for almost 30 years and has four children: Taylor, Megan, Hunter and Brock. When Rick is not coaching he enjoys spending time with his family at home, swinging a golf club with a buddy or playing the drums for his church worship band.
- career wins 541 to 186 losses
- 3 State Titles 1 National Title 14 District Titles
- 6 Time Coach of the Year
- 4 Final Four Appearances in Texas
- 2 Time Texas All-Star Coach
- Coached TCU Summer Basketball Camps
- Coach of McDonalds All American Nominee
- Athletic Director for Over 20 Years
- Coached over 15 years of Shoot the Hoops with Coach G Basketball Camps